Friday, May 16, 2008

Chatmaker


I've been thinking a lot on Web 2.0 tools lately & here's one I've come across that looks like a winner to me. It's a free service called Chatmaker and it allows you to create instant free chat rooms. Just copy the url or code and send it to someone you want to chat with. You are initially logged in as a guest but can change your name. You can also timestamp the conversation, embed links, and use html coding.

Using a service like Chatmaker eliminates the need to sign on/off from a chat program.It looks like a nice alternative for those who don't want to be signed on in another chat program or need a quick tool for conversation. When my advisees are studying abroad this tool would be handy as we work out schedules. I'm sure there are other possibilities I haven't even considered!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tool. I'll have to try it out. Glad you see you are still posting at the Rock! We will miss you.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home