Friday, June 01, 2007

Blogging in my classroom

Thanks to my experience with the Rock Tech Talk Blog, I've begun introducing blogging to my classes. They really seem to enjoy the blogging & some are considering using it in their classrooms. Here's a link to the blog from my summer presession class. Based on this blog, I'm planning to do a class blog for the entire fall semester. I'll have to let you know how it goes. I just wanted to say thanks for launching me into the blogosphere.

BTW...I have changed my screen name to reflect an alias. It's a concept I introduced my students to recently. Alias names help to protect the identity of our K-12 children. We discussed strategies for safe use of blogs in the classroom & they really enjoyed creating the alias names.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Melba Tomeo said...

Hi Leigh! I just read your class blog and was so impressed, especially by the "real-state-of-technology-use" reports. It's such a cool way to share. I am going to tackle a wiki this summer for a course on the History of Children's Literature. I am a little nervous about that, but I think it might be a good way to do group presentations online. BTW, I've been up in Erie almost every weekend lately!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home