Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pimp My Toolbar...

Conduit offers a simple interface for creating a customized browser toolbar that is helpful and good for branding. I may have mentioned this previously, but I finally got around to using it. You can download the Bailey Library toolbar here and avail yourself of a Google search (my only criticism, you are locked into Google and nothing else but Google -- surely they are not that insecure, how much of the world do you need to dominate?) a quick link to our catalog, WorldCat, amazon, etc., journal searches, interlibrary loan -- in fact, almost the entire library home page in a single toolbar. I am liking it for those times I am reading something and think, "I wonder if our library has that?"

I could also see how I might want to customize a personal toolbar for home use. Fun, free, and another one of those things that makes you look skillful but requires little effort -- my favorites! I forgot to mention it has a sort of forum component -- we can push messages out to everyone who downloads the toolbar and they can reply. Very cool.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane Lasarenko said...

Wow, Melba! What a fabulous tool! Not that the library page isn't well-designed, but this tool bar saves me lots of steps. Thank you for putting this together.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home