Thursday, August 17, 2006

Who's Got The Time?

I don't know about you, but I panic every semester when we must fill out those system surveys that require us to account for how many hours we spend in teaching, advising, preparing for classes, etc. Moreover, I'm always curious whether I really do spend over 70 hours per week on work-related projects.

In my quest for truth and reality, I have come across two potentially excellent time trackers. The first (which I am currently using)is called Rachota. This program is tiny and resides on your desktop. You simply add the task you want to track and click "work." When you have finished, you click "done," and the program automatically records the time. The second program, Tick is web-based. It also allows you to track your time on specific projects. Because it resides on the web, you can access your time records anytime.

Category: Other Cool Stuff_

1 Comments:

Blogger Melba Tomeo said...

This is great! I always have trouble with that survey too.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home